Lulufar

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Matrimony

You know how each age-period has its own hot-topic-of-discussion; Like, I remember when I was 8 we constantly blabbed about amusement parks; At 15 we talked about the Mavara BBS; And at 18 -obviously- we analyzed and anatomized all the popular guys of the time. But if you’re 25, single, female, and from Iran, there is one and only one topic that will be discussed on and on and on and on … : marriage.

This holy gracious word: Marriage. Just repeat after me: Marriage, Marriage, … . Whenever I miss my family in Iran I do this exercise - marriage, marriage, marriage, …- cause it’s almost equal to talking to them on the phone (and it doesn’t matter who calls; my aunt, my second cousin, or the nice car mechanician). Here is a demo of 99% of the calls:

-:Hi Lulu, How’s your mom?

L: Good thanks.

-: So, have you found the right person yet? When are we coming to your wedding?

L: Heh! So how are you?

-: Good. Well (Here comes my favorite part. The part I want to knock myself out with a bazooka) you’re going to find a nice doctor in the hospital.

The problem is that you can’t even take refuge in your friends. Marriage frenzy is even hotter there; not only they talk about ourselves getting married, but they review the history of all the engagement, marriages, breakups and divorces of all the people we know and some people we don’t know (yes! Really!).

But there is one place and only one place that you are safe, that you can go to, that you can take refuge in. Trust me, there will be no mention of marriage, not even a hint, not even a movie that would encourage marriage, or any bodily emotions or nonverbal communication that would suggest marriage, or any rings to be seen anywhere. And that’s your boyfriend’s home.

14 Comments:

  • I hope u find the right one;):D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:29 PM  

  • Hilarious!

    By Blogger Marjan, at 6:46 PM  

  • Correct me if I'm wrong but what you're implying is you need someone to get married to while you're not in rush and are partially satisfied. At least you get what you want to a degree. Right? Then you have enough time to pick the right one. No stress!

    By Blogger The Tough Guy, at 7:15 PM  

  • Hey Lulu
    What happened 2 your previous post!? The one about "Mario" and being a "Typical Guy" and stuff!!????

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:47 PM  

  • Nice :))

    it was funny Nilou...

    but just to make sure, wasn't finding a doctor (as a future husband) the most important reason you went to the nursing school in the first place?!
    kidding...

    have you seen Russel Peter's stand up about the marraige stuff? it's hilarious!

    By Blogger Mehrad, at 10:22 PM  

  • There is one other place, if I may, my home!:)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:21 AM  

  • do not ger married.
    there is no end to these question, here they are:
    -don't you want to have a baby? when r u going to have a baby? u r 28years 3.6month old, it's getting late. u should think of having baby...
    and then after having the first one:
    -don't u want to have anotherone? don't u think one is going to be spoiled? she/he needs to have somebody to play with... so have the second one
    after having the second one, if both r the same gender:
    -don't u want to have agirl/boy? it's nice to have both gilr and boy...
    so, take my advice, never get married at the first place.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:57 PM  

  • If I were you I'd refer to the nature to c how it goes

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:44 AM  

  • man ham mikhastammbegam shohar ham bokoni, melat hey miporsan key bache daar mishi... ke didam yeki dige ghab az man gofte...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:11 PM  

  • hey come on, do you care about what people say? I believe this one came out of your imaginations!
    and boyfriend's home? is that the place to get rid of this marriage stuff? sorry lulu, but I've gotta tell you, the end of this post sucks, I don't know maybe I suck! Love you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:39 AM  

  • Hi Lulu
    I found your log very amusing. Well I completely agree with not getting married as I did before. I think your suggestion might even help me in my current situation. Its 5:39am, I have a terrible cold and can’t sleep; I miss Iran too, so I’m going to say: Marriage, Marriage and marriage. Ooops! I think I’m getting tired...lololololol.

    Marjan(BD girl)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:50 AM  

  • So are you happy that "your boy friend" does not talk about marriage?Cause most of the times in this case girls really like talking about becoming more and more and more...committed:)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:31 PM  

  • Cool Blog! If you get a chance I would like to invite you to visit the following shirts blog, it is cool to!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:54 AM  

  • :)) It was so funny! :))

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home