Lulufar

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Women , Men, Children : What’s the difference?

Why do they have to show dead children and women before we realize that the war is getting really nasty? Dead-men is as bitter as dead-children or dead-women. Dead-soldier is as bad as dead-civilian. Death is death; it’s losing a beloved, a sister, a brother, a child, a mom or a dad, or Akbar Agha my favorite colleague. Why does gender or age matter?

When I see us (human beings) at war, I wonder what we’ve descended to. No living creature kills for stupid reasons that we kill each other for. It would’ve been more convincing for me if we killed one antoher, at least, to be able to eat each other afterward.

3 Comments:

  • Good point...Very good point...You have a quite intriguing view toward subjects…It runs in the family.

    By Blogger Mehrad, at 1:18 AM  

  • Never thought about it ... another mirror to the social imagery....

    By Blogger Rakhoush, at 4:01 PM  

  • Interesting...

    But I got to say we human beings kill for the same reason as animals kill, and that is for self-benefit. Many wars appear idealogical, but in fact the real "brains" behind them are after land, oil, money, power, etc. As far as I can see this is not much different from why animals kill. The only difference is animals don't kill for purely idealogical reasons; but, I guess I'm trying to argue that wars are rarely purely idealogical anyway, even if they appear so.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home