Lulufar

Friday, July 21, 2006

Preservation

Have you ever gone to a party , and there, at the party, there’s this really really delicious snack, that you want to have lots of, but you can’t, cause either there are people watching you, or simply there is not enough of the snack?


OK, let me tell you what happened. I went to this family party, and I’m talking to people I haven’t seen for ages and all of a sudden I see “it” on the table. I finish my discussion somehow, pick up a plate, and slowly walk to the table, trying to look not-too-excited. And there it was: crabs, my favorite snack, and I never knew that one could buy crabs at a local supermarket (and I wish I’d never realized).


The problem, though, was that there was only 6 pieces of crabs, and there were already 20 people at the party. So I took only one piece and took very small bites off so that I could have it as long as possible. When my crab was done I wanted another piece so bad that I started seeing the people at the party as crabs: crabs walking, crabs talking, crabs dancing, crabs drinking … . At some point I found myself sitting on a couch, right beside the crab-table, while gazing at the crab-dish longingly, and singing Madama Butterfly to myself : “Adesso voi siete per me l'occhio del firmamento. E mi piaceste dal primo momento che vi ho veduto”. Honestly, what was the host thinking? Only 6 pieces for that many people?


The next day I got to the supermarket ASAP and bought a package of crabs. I ate so much that after that day even a picture of crabs makes me nauseated and I can’t even imagine eating one. People, please, buy enough snacks for your parties; Not all of your guests are perfect but they deserve to be happy.

3 Comments:

  • May be tha host was working in supermarket and just wanted to have a publicite on it

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:40 AM  

  • read quite a lot of your posts today ...

    interesting reading ...

    A gud start I guess for me to read ppls blogs ...

    By Blogger Rakhoush, at 4:24 PM  

  • say something!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home